Follow Me

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Techniques Class - Traditional Resist

On Monday I started an online Techniques Class with Inspiration Showcase.  The object is to learn a lot of different techniques and in so doing you create a 12 x 12 canvas with all the different techniques on it.  That will give you something you can hang on your stamp room wall or display in some manner so you can refer back to it time and again.  The first day we were give 5 resist techniques.  A couple are going to have to wait a little bit for me to work on them, but so far I did get 2 of them done.  The first was a traditional resist which means you stamp your image using Versamark ink onto your glossy paper and let it dry or heat set it to dry.  Then you rub your ink pad all over it to cover the image and background and then take a dry cloth and rub the excess ink off of it and you're left with your colored background and the stamped image showing through.

This is the card I created for the first resist technique.  I took a piece of SU glossy paper and stamped SU Soft Swirls using the VersaMark ink pad.  Then covered it with Ranger Fire Brick (I think that's what it's called) Distress Ink and then used the cloth to erase the excess ink and show the stamped image.  In the corner, I used a Martha Stewart punch that has all those little hearts in it.  The ribbon is SU Red Riding Hood Taffeta and the sentiment is from a retired SU set called Dear To My Heart.





Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you like my card.  All comments are greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Love the color choice. I never know what to do with those background stamps. Guess that's why I don't own many hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. A clean & simple style holiday card~ :D

    Do you need to buy all the material in order to make the assignment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roro, I bought a lot of stuff just because I didn't have anything - like the dies and some other supplies. I didn't buy stamps because I just have so many and i used what I had.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!