Follow Me

Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Mailbox

Ever have one of those days when you have something in your mind to do, and you try every which way to get it done and it just won't work!  That's what was happening in my life on Sunday.  I had a card in mind for this image - digi stamp from The Outlawz.  But my color scheme was all blues.  I just knew it would turn out so cute.  Well, try as I could, it just wouldn't work.  The colors were wrong, the dp was not working for it.  Finally, I just put it all aside and went off to church and then to my daughter's house for dinner.  I didn't get home until about 8:30 and decided to give it another try only this time I was going to try a different color scheme.  I'd go back to the time tried Christmas red and green.  Voila!  I picked out SU Jolly Holiday for my dp.  SU Ruby Red and Pear Pizazz were perfect for the c/s.
I just love the way it turned out.  The layout is from MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge 49.  The small straight layers are from K & Co. and the brads are from my stash.  The Copics I used to color the image are:  B000; BG0000; C00, C1, C2, C3, C5; E19, E21, E23, E27, E42; G14, G17; and R46.

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your comments.  Merry Christmas.  Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, it turned out great Margaret!! I love that image!! Glad to be a new member of Paper Bloggers Unite! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came over after reading your lovely comment on my 50th Anniversary card. It was for my sister/brother in law and she loved it.
    Really like your take on the digi challenge. Love the colours you picked out. I didn't see it over at Outlawz so going over there now to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it turned out perfect! Great job Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo Maggie this is beautiful! I love that paper and how the little dots correspond with the bigger ones. So nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard you are going to be a new Bowdabra designer. So excited to be on the design team with you! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that image, and you did an awesome job on choosing the perfect colors and paper...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!