Follow Me

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sympathy in Blue

Hello everyone.  It's Wednesday again so that means another Perfect Sentiments Challenge.   This week's challenge was to create a card with the sentiment of sympathy; and the twist was to use this photo as inspiration.
Whoa!  That didn't come out too big, but I guess you can get the idea.  I used the color scheme as my inspiration and went looking for a layout that I liked.  I came across this card in Card Ideas for Paper Crafters by Nicky Hsu.  Here is a link to her blog showcasing her card.  http://craftcoffeecat-nicky.blogspot.com/2011/08/publish-card-ideas-for-paper-crafters.html  My card doesn't really look anything like hers, but it did inspire me and turned into this card.
Not much stamping and no Copics on this one, but I love the way it turned out.  The card base is just white.  I used another sheet of paper from my Prima Sparkling Spring paper pad layered on top of the base.  Then I just added things to it.  The blue crushed velvet ribbon is from my stash.  The Recollections flower is layered on a Rolled Daisy die from My Favorite Things cut out of SU Bashful Blue.  The pearls and glitter bling are from Recollections.  The sentiment is from Papertry Ink's Sympathy set stamped on white and matted on another piece of Bashful Blue.  I shaped the ends by hand.

I hope this will give you some inspiration and an incentive to come join us this week and show us what you can do.  I know that I, for one, don't usually have a sympathy card around when I need one, so this is a good time to add at least one to your stash.

And, of course, we have a PRIZE! 




  • Shelly's Images.com ~ One digital image of your choice.








  • Check out her store here - http://www.shellysimages.com  Now check out the rest of the Design Team and Guest Designers and get ready to be inspired some more:

    And the January 2012 Guest Designers

      Thanks so much for stopping by again. I appreciate all your comments and support.
  • 20 comments:

    1. Maggie your card is really lovely and a perfect reflection of the inspiration photo! I love the flower- and those pearls are beautiful! Awesome card!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love the roughed up look of the papers and flowers, and those pearl accents are gorgeous but that is definitely the tiniest picture I have ever seen, lol.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Amazing card Maggie. So pretty! And you are right it always good to have extra cards on hand.

      ReplyDelete
    4. very pretty love the bling, flower and the sentiment all works very well together.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hello Maggie, this is so soft and pretty, I love how all of your elements work together so nicely...yes you turned out a perfect card for this challenge, I am hoping to finish up a card to submit as well...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Soni. I hope you get yours done. Would love to have you join us.

        Delete
    6. This card is gorgeous! I love the swirls of bling - so pretty! :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. Absolutely gorgeous Maggie! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Great card. Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Gorgeous, Maggie. I love the bling and the flower.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Your card is so pretty! I love the way you layered for the flower. The ribbon is really nice! I love ribbon. LOL

      ReplyDelete
    11. Great card! I like what you did with the pearls!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Maggie I love all the elements you used on your card. so pretty.

      ReplyDelete
    13. Very pretty, it's so elegant. Love the pearl flourishes. So glad you joined us at Sentimental Sundays this week.

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!