Follow Me

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Boatload of Fish

It's time again for another Teapot Tuesday card.  This week the destination is Harrisburg, IL to the husband of one of our fellow Teapotters.  He had surgery on his shoulder so his fishing these days is somewhat curtailed until he recovers.  Meantime, we're going to cheer him up with some fishing related cards.  Read his story here --  Teapot Tuesday - 184.  You still da man Tig!
 I didn't have much fish-related but dug out this cute boat stamp from Stampin Up's "Boatloads of Love" set which I stamped with Memento Black on a piece of Copic Blending Paper.  It was almost perfect, but it wasn't quite enough as to "fish."  Then as I was cruising the Internet yesterday at Shelly's Images I found this fish digi stamp called Hook, Line, and Sinker.  I thought it would be great for my card.  Didn't really like it by itself, but I was able to resize it down pretty small, color it, cut it out and toss it in the boat! Now Tig has a real catch.  I used the Splitcoaststampers.com Sketch Challenge layout SC252 for this card.  The base of the card is Gina K Designs 120# white.  The dsp is SU Uptown collection.  The stripe pattern is matted on SU Wild Wasabi and then paper layer is layered on SU So Saffron.  The ribbon is also from SU but I can't remember which collection it's from.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts - Thinking of You set which I stamped with Memento Black directly on the pattern paper.

The Copics I used were B0000; BG0000, BG000; RV0000; V20; Y21, Y23; YG61, YG63; W0, W1, W2, W4, W5, and W6.

I'm also entering this in The Outlawz Monday Greeting Card challenge.  This week it's Anything Goes.

That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.  I appreciate all of them and if you become a Follower, I'll stop by your blog and leave comments there also.  Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!