Follow Me

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend

Happy Sunday!  It's been a restful weekend. I have talked to the two contractors who will be putting up my patio cover and laying down a concrete slab to finish up the new patio.  Hopefully it will all be done by next week.  Just in time for Summer.

I was able to work on a few cards this weekend and I'll be showcasing them this week. My first card up this week is using a Sassy Studio Designs image.

I really have to figure a better way to photograph cards that a light in color.  This is really so much prettier in real life.

Materials Used:
  • Image - Sassy Studio Designs - Diamond
  • Sentiment - Computer generated
  • Cardstock - Stampin Up Soft Sky; Xpress It Blending Card
  • Designer Paper - My Minds Eye - Follow Your Heart - Be Happy
  • Accessories:  Small and Large Stampin Up Oval Punches; Nestabilities - Classic Oval and Lacy Oval Dies; Marianne Designs Border Die; Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts; Hat Pin, Ribbon and Bling from my stash; Martha Stewart Leaf Branch punch.
  • Stickles - Diamond
  • Copic Markers  BG000, BG01, BG10, BG11; E25, E29, E31, E50, E51, E53; R01, R12, T1, YR000, YR01, YR02
I am submitting this card for the following challenges:
ATCs With Attitude - Add some Sparkle
Dare to be Sassy Thursday - Use something Wet (Stickles)
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Lacy Sunshine - Anything Goes
Robyn's Fetish Challenge - Anything Goes
Ribbon Girl - Flowers
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
2 Sisters - Anything Goes

18 comments:

  1. So, so, so cute! Love the colors and those flowers are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely pretty and LOVE those gorgeous flowers!
    Lovely card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours Maggie, and you have coloured the image beautifully. Love the flowers you have embellished with.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie, this is beautiful!! I love the colors and the trimming with a hatpin and flowers is lovely. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Maggie!! Great color choices and I love how you've colored the image! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors! I like the little beaded pin and the border punch/die. Very pretty design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Really love the soft colours and embellies. Great image too.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so lovely! Love the soft colors you used for her. The pin is a great choice! I love the idea of a patio (I don't have one, just have a lawn...) I am thinking I need to have one put down for out lawn furniture, I would be more comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I thought stamps were! LOL! I had it wrong all these years :) LOVE this! And having seen your work IRL, I know that this one is as dazzling as it is here! A beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, Maggie, I love your soft color combo! Fantastic striped paper in the background and great coloring. I envy you a patio -- but I do have a large deck off the back of my house at second story level. I can look down on my garden and back lawn. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a real sassy card. I love the flowers the way you put them together. Very Beautiful. Thank You for joining us over at The Robyns Fetish Challenge Blog

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl April card challenge, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diamonds are a girls best friends, but flowers make the perfect accent. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, Maggie. Thanks for joining ATCs With Attitude.

    Dwita.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty pastels. Love the layout you have done.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Lacy Sunshine challenge. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your pastel colours. The flower looks amazing in the corner as well.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty. Love the colors and the stickles! Thanks for joining us at DTBST last week!

    Alaine - SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at ATC's with Attitude.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!