Follow Me

Monday, April 8, 2013

Double Flowers

On Splitcoaststampers.com, there is a group of us who take part in a Monthly Challenge.  Each of us prepares a kit to send to the rest of the members and then we create a card or two or three depending on the supplies sent.  We then post on the Monthly Challenge thread so we can see what the others have created.  It's been a little while since I've had the chance to play but finally here is my card for this month.
Lazorkey (Karen) was our hostess this month.  Everything is from A-Muse Studio - paper, stamped image and ribbon.  The image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up - Cute Converse.  The cardstock is Stampin Up, Bordering Blue and the Designer Paper is My Minds Eye - Playdate.

To give the flowers some depth, I used my Copic markers to give them some shading using YR61, YR65, YR04, and YR09.  Then I used my Zip black pen to color in the black stamens to give them more boldness.  The leaves are from Nestabilities and the brads from my stash.

I sure hope that I'll get to play again next month. 
 

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely colourful card!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a knock out card, Maggie! I love the beautiful and deeply bold yellows on the flowers. Adding the black to the stamens is a great touch too. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful flower card! Love the coloring and the papers are perfect.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the bright colors you used on the flowers against the polka dot background. Super pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring of the flowers is amazing. The shading is so perfect. That sounds like a fun group to participate in. It is always fun to see how differently supplies are used! Summer is here in NYC 80+ degrees. Hard to come in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is beautiful! I love how you colored the flowers, they make such a bold statement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get over how gorgeous this card is. I wish I could colour that well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!