Follow Me

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Steampunk Profile - OSAAT #200

Hi my friends!  Welcome to another edition of One Stitch at a Time blog post.

First, thanks for all the advice for getting my hands back in shape.  I do use Eucerin on them but when they have a crack, I need more than that and will use some Bach's Rescue Cream on the crack and put a band aid over it. Usually it is much better in 1-2 days.  The Eucerin just soaks into my hands and I have to keep applying it over and over.  This cold Winter weather has really been hard on the skin.

We had lovely weather yesterday and today - starting to warm up.  I got out yesterday and cleaned up the patio and brought in all the Winter kitty bedding for a good washing.  I could totally live with this weather year round.

This week at One Stitch at a Time, our theme is Use a Digi.  I always love doing that one.  You can be very creative.  Oh, and there is a prize and a sponsor for this week, we have wonderful Prize this week -7 image Prize pack and our Sponsor is our Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet.  To win the main prize you MUST use an Image from our store and please put an # after your name so we don't miss you.  Runner up prize for person using non-store image is $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet.  So everyone can win something.

So, on to my card


I was a little intimidated by this image with all those cogs and wheels in her hair, but once I figured out what to do with them, it all came together rather nicely I think.

Materials Used:
  • Image - Alipeeps - Steampunk Profile
  • Sentiment - None- There are some words on the d/p so I just left it at that
  • Cardstock - Xpress It Blending Card; Stampin Up - More Mustard; Gold Metallic c/s
  • Designer Paper - Graphic 45 - Steampunk Spells
  • Accessories - Spellbinders - Sprightly Sprockets Nestabilities Dies; Gold Labels Four; Classic Oval; Cheery Lynn Die - Lace Corner Deco H; Ribbon from my stash; Spare Parts - clock face; Black Multiliner and Blue Multiliner Pens
  • Copic Markers - E0000, E01, E21, E31, E33; R01, R21; Y21, YR21, YR20
 That's it for now.  Hop on over to the OSAAT blog and check out what the rest of the Design Tea has done to inspire you and then get creating.  I'd love to see what you come up with.  Have a great Sunday.

I am submitting this card for the following challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper - Cover your card base with pattern paper
Feeling Crafty Challenge - Use Dies or punches
Lothian Crafts ONline - Love Using Your Dies
One Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes
SanDee & amelie's Steampunk Challenge - Time Machine
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar - Use Die Cut or Punch
Crafty Girls Challenges - Anything Goes

30 comments:

  1. Your designer paper & accessories complement the SteamPunk Profile wonderfully.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous! Love your color choice. Hugs, Sujin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Maggie!!! I really like how you did the cogs & wheels...compliments her hair very nicely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You matched the embellies and cards stock with the image perfectly Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made a beautiful card to showcase this image. The corner is lovely too. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your browns and the colouring! Thank you for sharing your card with us at SASPC!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is wonderful! I love that the gears and the colors are perfect. I don't see you do much steampunk, hope you had fun doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you pulled this card together quite well. It's a different image but I really like her flowing hair :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You made this image fabulous! What lovely hair pieces she has, and is that paper perfect, or what? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maggie, this is a beautiful card! I love the subtle color scheme and the "gears". Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card- love your coloring- spot on- and love the cogs you added to your card! I have been looking forward to seeing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really nailed that hair Maggie, despite your misgivings - wonderful card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning Maggi, a beautifully strong card, so striking :) :) :) Hugs Jane xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card Maggie...I think you've done an awesome job with it...very eye-catching. I'm not a big steampunk fan to be honest but I do love what you've created. The gold cogs you used really make her hair look great too. Wonderful creation. BTW I use GoldBond (extra strength I think) cream on my hands...it will heal cracks in about a day!

    Lynn, your OSAAT DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  15. love it. its almost like a steampunk
    hair accessory. great job

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this sure is different but you did an amazing job with it....the coloring is awesome as the choice of color

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job, I've seen this image lots lately and I may have to purchase it soon. Wonderful coloring and the details with the paper and embellishments, match wonderfully. Awesome job! Thanks for playing our Anything Goes Challenge at One Crazy Stamper!
    Leanne DT@One Crazy Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought steampunk was really daunting at first but then something just clicked with me as well Maggie. This is beautiful and I love your colouring and your background.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx OSAAT teamie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! You worked with the image beautifully. Creative Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the DP, it's perfect for the steampunk theme! Thanks for joining the Crafty Girls Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderfully colored and designed card!! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cool! It's not the style that we usually see you do, but you ROCKED it! I love all the gears to go with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd say you do Steampunk quite well! A vision this is!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this is fantastic! Love the steampunk look! Hope you have a great weekend Maggie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stopping back to tell you.... I nominated you for a blog award: here is the link.... http://shellymc2.blogspot.com/2014/02/belated-birthday-and-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelly, Thanks so much for the nomination, but I already have Liebster Award on my blog from a few years ago. Congrats on your nomination.

      Delete
  26. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for February with your lovely steampunk card - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful, Maggie. As you say, it came together 'quite nicely'! Love how you've combined the oval with the fancy die cut - it works really well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!