Follow Me

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Bringing in the Tree

Well, yes I am starting to work on my Christmas cards. This one I've had done for awhile but hadn't put it on my blog yet. It's been quite a week for me. I was at a church activity last Thursday evening and as I was walking to my car after the activity was over, I stubbed my right foot into a buckled sidewalk and went down, hitting both knees, my left arm, right hand, and upper lip.  Ended up at the ER with a fractured left arm, abrasions on the other extremities. They put it in a soft cast at the ER, but the orthopedist told me on Monday that I didn't need the cast, just a sling. He wants me to use the arm, but not to overdo it with anything strenuous and go back in 2 weeks to have another x-ray taken. I think I'll have him check out my right knee. It got banged up pretty bad too and is sore. Just want to make sure it's not any worse than that. Then yesterday I started getting a scratchy throat and runny nose. This morning I had some congestion!  This is certainly NOT my year.

So, enough about all that, here is my card.
Materials Used:
  • Image - Willow Designs. I couldn't find it online since Willow Designs is no longer in business.
  • Sentiment - Sticker 
  • Cardstock - Stampin Up, Real Red; XPress It Blending Card
  • Designer Paper - Carte Bella - Have a Merry Christmas
  • Accessories - Poinsettia flowers; Spellbinders Die; white liquid applique; crystal effects
  • Copic Markers: B0000; E15, E18, E27, E31, E34; R24, R27, R46, R56; G46, G82, G94
I am submitting this card for the following challenges:

ABC Christmas Challenge - G is for Green or Gold
Christmas at Sweet Stampin - Cute Christmas
Crafting for All Seasons - Dies or Punches
Fab n Funky - Christmas
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Our Crafty Corner - Anything Goes
The Paper Nest Dolls - Anything Goes
Christmas Card Challenge - Christmas or Optional Color Challenge

14 comments:

  1. What an adorable card! I guess I missed the story of how you hurt your arm. What an ordeal. I am so glad overall you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo it's never too early to start on christmas cards!! and i am so sorry to hear about your arm... and then getting sick!! feel better soon!!!

    lovies, =o) kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, you have had a rough go as of late. Feel better! Your card is wonderful! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card - love that sweet image Maggie. Praying you will heal quickly.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Christmas Card gorgeous image. Thank you for joining us over at Our Crafty Corner, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie, it's never too early to think of Christmas. ;) I love your card... cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, no! Ouch, ouch, OUCH! And getting sick, too? That's just too much. I'm so sorry! I'm just loving on your cute card and you're having such a hard time. Gosh, hope you feel SO much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh margaret what a tale of woe! - hope you get well soon - your card is so cute love that image, thank you fro playing along at fab'n'Funky this week hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun image!I love those eyes..so cute. Thanks for sharing at the Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card love your rosette too! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card!@ Thanks so much for joining us over at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your lovely Christmas card with us at ABC Christmas challenge this week.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a time you've had, so painful. I hope you're on the mend now. This is such a lovely start to your Christmas card collection. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting for all Seasons. Sue DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too Cute! Wonderful take on our Green or Gold challenge.
    Thanks for playing along at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!