Follow Me

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sexy Edith - Monthly Challenge - August

Hi my friends.  I was hoping to get on here to do a blog post earlier this month, but last weekend I was out in Salt Lake City visiting my grands and attending a performance of Beauty and the Beast at the Hale Theater that my grand daughter was performing in. She did a fabulous job with her part and we all really enjoyed the whole show. Lucky I was able to visit with my daughter, son-in-law, other grand daughter, and grands son-in-law!  SLC and Provo are so beautiful even without the snow on the mountains. We went up to Sundance on Saturday night to see a performance of The Music Man. It sure felt cold enough to snow up there. We like to froze sitting in the bleachers outside watching the show. It was really good and worth it all too. Came back to rain showers every day and continuing into this coming week.  Hope they stop soon.

It is time again for another Creative Card Chicks post. This is a group on SCS that have a monthly card kit sent out by one of the Chicks to all the other members who then each prepare at least one card to show off to the others.  This month was Paula's (wannabe on SC) turn to be the hostess.
Paula sent us this cute image of Edith from an old set of hers from the Craft Lounge as well as the sentiment that I punched out with a label punch from SU and then I stuck it on a starfish die from Impression Obsession. I popped the cloud die cuts (Memory Box) up on stampin' Dimensionals for some texture and added 2 blue glass dots for fun.  The cardstock I used is SU Baja Breeze and the dp is from Hobby Lobby.

I colored the image with my Copic Markers - B0000; E21, E23, E25 E29, E31, E33,E35; G46; Y13, Y15, Y17.


I have a few more that I need to catch up on, but glad that I was able to get this one in on time.



 I am submitting this card for the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Lacy Sunshine - Anything Goes
Come and Get It - Summertime
Dragonfly Journeys - The Sky's the Limit
Great Impressions - Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Corrosive Challenge - Hot Hot Summer

14 comments:

  1. Maggie....she turned out adorable! Yep...she is bringing back "sexy"!!! Love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her Maggie, and you have made a fabulous card with her. Great colouring too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember Edith! She's a doll, tee hee! The relative simplicity of your card seems perfect for her and her beachy scene. Love the sentiment on the starfish. Your trip sounds great and must have been a wonderful break from the daily grind. It probably won't be long before there really is snow on those mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so adorable. Yep she is sexy!! for sure!Great coloring and love your layout! Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute Card! Go Edith Go! Thank you for playing with us at Come and Get It Challenges!
    Carolyn DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is very fun! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge this month at Great Impressions Stamps. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this kit. Makes me wish I'd still been playing. Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this!!! The simple layout is a fabulous way to showcase the great image and sentiment! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at CAGI this week!
    Susan - DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project and thank you for joining us over at the Come and Get It Challenge Blog ~ CAGI DT Member MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling card- I love the sentiment and how you added it over a starfish shape! Fun, Fun, Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card Maggie! The image just makes me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this - particularly that great sentiment! Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maggie! I just love this! So cute, so fun, and your coloring is just perfect. Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  14. You used my favorite, Baja Breeze. And the starfish die is cute, and lovely coloring, Maggie. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!