Follow Me

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Bringing in the Tree - July CCC

Good morning my friends and Happy Sunday.

It was so good to get back in my stamp room to be somewhat creative. My Genealogy class has been keeping me pretty busy. After our Unit on Documentation (writing citations) finished up (with a B-), we moved on to Forensic Genealogy. So interesting. This is all about finding people and includes DNA Analysis. I approach it with a bit of trepidation. Hopefully my lame brain will be able to get around it and I'll do well in this one.

But on to the card I have for you today. This is for the Monthly Challenge of the Creative Card Chicks on Splitcoaststampers. Our kit came from Roxie (morgainegeiser). She sent along a couple images, some papers and some embellishments.

The elements I used from the kit were the image from Stampin Bella, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The designer paper is from Bo Bunny - Sleigh Ride. The sparkley snowflake and twine are from Stampin Up. I added some bling from my stash to the tree and also created snow with my liquid applique. I used Stampin Up Navy cardstock and a gray metallic gel pen. I put the sentiment on the inside, but didn't photograph it.

Copic Markers - B00, B01, B02, B60; BG90, BG93; C3, C5, C7; E23, E25, E27; E50, E51, E53; G21, G24, G46; R00.

That's it for today. It was a fun kit. There is another image from the kit that I've got colored up and hope to get it made into a card soon. Glad to be getting started on my Christmas cards.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, it's never too soon to start on your Christmas cards. I'm already concerned about getting them done. This is really a darling image and so cute with the bling on the tree. She must really be a fast walker with the way the Teddy bear is flying, trying to hang on. Cute, Maggie! Sounds like you're doing great with your class. It can't be easy what with work and all. You go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute image Maggie, and you have used it beautifully on this stunning card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!