Follow Me

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Creative Card Chicks - Fairy Nice

Hi my friends. If you're in and around the Texas area, I hope that you are NOT in the flooded areas like I am. Hurricane Harvey came ashore to the West of us and is dumping billions (yes, BILLIONS) of gallons of rain on us. Luckily, my house doesn't flood, but my street does, so there is no way to get out of the neighborhood. The water is about 5 feet up into the driveway. Schools closed for days. No telling when this will end. More rain probably later today and overnight.

That being said. I did have time to make a card this weekend for Creative Card Chicks SCS challenge.  This month, Suzy was our hostess and sent the card kit to make our card. This was supposed to be posted Aug. 21-23, but I was still busy with my last report for my Genealogy course I was taking and then I went to the CKC Convention that was being held in The Woodlands here in Houston. Unfortunately, some vendors pulled out on Friday and they closed the Convention for Saturday. I did get to go Thursday night and most of the day Saturday.

Here is my card for CCC August.
  • Image - Stampin Up - Fairy Nice
  • Sentiment - SU - Fairy Nice
  • Cardstock - SU - Mauve Mist - Retired
  • Designer Paper - Paper Studios
  • Accessories - bling and brads from my stash; Stickles; Multiliner -Warm Gray 0.3, Flower puncheds; Stampin Dimensionals
  • Copic Markers - B0000; E23; E50, E51, E53; G21, G24; R85; T3, T5; Y15, Y17, Y18; Y38
 That's it for today. I've been busy so expect to see some more cards in the next few days.

I am submitting this card for the following challenges:
Come and Get It - 2 or more different embellishments
Glitter 'N' Sparkle - Anything Goes
heARTful stamping - Anything Goes + a stamp
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations - Anything Goes
The Corrosive Challenge - Anything Goes
Imagine That - Anything Goes
Scrappers Delights - Anything Goes
Colour Crazy - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Making Media Crafting - Anything Goes
Morgan's Art World - Anything goes
Pattie's Creations - Anything Goes
Simply Create too - Use Flowers
Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Love the card, Maggie! Stay safe!! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering about you, but remembered you said you were on a hill, so figured you were okay. Stranded though. I hope the water doesn't come up too much further or close to your house. The news reports show devastation in the low lying areas. I haven't checked yet this morning, but more rain was coming and the situation was only going to get worse. I'm glad you checked in. Now, your card -- I've loved this little fairy forever! She's as cute now as she ever was. Adorable with the paper and your coloring. What a treat! Hang in there, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie, a gorgeous card, love the pretty papers and colours you used for the little fairy. Hope you stay warm and dry with all the flooding. Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... have a wonderful week... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  4. An adorable card and the pinks and oranges work so prettily together, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    And stay safe and pray the bad weather abates quickly.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your colors and choice of embellishments!! Great card! Thanks for playing with us at Come and Get It Challenges!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I hope you and yours stay safe during this terrible time and that the water recedes quickly.
    Thank you for taking the time to share your gorgeous card with us at The Colour Crazy Challenge! Jane (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!